Physicians, staff and students with a valid Bridgeport Hospital ID may borrow library materials and are eligible for remote access to library databases.
Please borrow materials during business hours, whenever possible. To check out books after hours please complete the following steps:
- Clearly print your first and last name on the borrowing card in the book pocket on the back cover of the material being borrowed.
- Provide contact information, e.g. phone number or email, so library staff can inform you of the due date.
- Leave the completed borrowing card with your contact information on the circulation desk in the library.
Books acquired through interlibrary loan are subject to the borrowing terms of the lending institution. By using this service you agree to honor fees charged by the lending institution for late returns, lost and/or damaged books.
Library materials may be renewed in person if they have not been requested by others. Items may be renewed for 30 days unless otherwise noted. Please do not renew materials by phone or email. Loan periods
- Circulating books - 30 days
- DVD - 30 days
- Board review & ASGE DVDs - 24 hours
- Reference materials and journals do not circulate
All returned materials should be brought directly to the circulation desk during normal business hours. Materials returned after hours should be placed in the book drop directly across from the main door of the library.
Unreturned / Lost / Damaged Materials
Patrons will be billed for replacement materials six months overdue. Books and DVDs returned damaged will be assessed by the chief of library and multimedia services. Damaged materials will be handled on a case-by-case basis.