CRITERIA FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
BRIDGPORT HOPSITAL RESIDENCY/FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS
Bridgeport Hospital will sponsor J-1 and H1-B visas upon request.* You must be in possession of a contract from a Bridgeport Hospital program in order to initiate the application process. It is the responsibility of the resident/fellow to understand this process and the requirements for securing a visa which will permit commencement of training on the required date. Applicable information can be found at the following web sites:
Important additional information:
- *Bridgeport Hospital will not sponsor O-1 visa applications.
- After matching with one of our training programs it is strongly recommended that you contact an attorney who will assist you in organizing and executing your visa application. Bridgeport Hospital will recommend attorneys with whom we have worked successfully. Bridgeport Hospital will cover reasonable costs associated with those services. Failure to use an attorney may delay your application.
- Please note: You may apply for premium processing to expedite your application. You are responsible for this expense.
- You must be able to enter the U.S. prior to the start of your training in order to meet the employment requirements of Bridgeport Hospital (evaluation by Employee Health).
- You must be able to attend New Resident Orientation.
Please feel free to contact your Department or the Department of Medical Education if you have any questions.